Thursday, August 10, 2006

My 4th Thursday 13!



Thirteen Things about being a Stay At Home MOM

1. You can stay in your Pj's ALL day if you want!
2. You dont have to brush your hair, if you dont feel like it
3. You sometimes can sleep in!
4. But then again sometimes, your up early, and up for the day!
5. You get to experience the Joy of raising your kids full time!
6. Your kids drive you crazy every single day...at least once or twice!
7. You can not have a shower, if you dont feel like it!
8. Your kids are guaranteed to make you laugh, smile and maybe even cry all in one day!
9. Staying home all the time is much more difficult than working.
10. Your house will not always be clean because you are home all the time.
11.Being at home all the time will occasionally get boring, frustrating and stressful - sometimes all at the same time.
12. You learn all the words to Dora, Barney, BLue's Clues, the Backyardigans...which is a good thing...and a bad thing!
13. A STAY AT HOME MOM NEEDS HER OWN DOWNTIME TOO!!!!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!



The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




Just wondering if you could all send a dear friend of mine some good vibes, Im not going to mention her name, but she is like my second mother..and she just found out that she has a cancerous lump in her breast. She appears so far to be handling it well, but this woman is the helper in EVERYONE'S lives...so I know this is gonna be hard for her in so many ways..most of all she is NOT used to asking for, or needing some help. She is the strongest person I know, and she has been my idol for years, fit as a fiddle, very active in her childrens lives (and mine too for that matter, they joke about me being the other daughter!)She is my complete role model for a mother, and for a mature woman. I am totally devastated...I cant imagine how she must feel..my heart breaks for her..any spare thoughts and prayers, would be greatly appreicated...Thank you!


Not much time for anything else at the moment...packing to head into town for another newborn shoot...baby Evan this time! cant wait...Got lots going on for next week, u/s appt, new hair do! LMAO..and another dr appointment...hoping to get an engagement shoot in this weekend...one of my other good friends...but looks like it might just be us girls...here's a hint, 2 blondes, one horse and a field of sunflowers...how COOL will that be???DANG IT SIERRA...call me! LMAO!

18 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

I really enjoy reading your Thursday 13!! Maybe I'll look into doing that too.

Your friend will be in my thoughts.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Ash said...

I want to stay home toooooooooooo!

My prayers go out to your friend.

8:06 AM  
Blogger K said...

Great list! Sounds like being a SAHM is the only way to go!!

Your friend will be in my thoughts!

Have a good Thursday!!

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I'm different. We've talked about when we start our family (fingers crossed soon) if I want to stay at home. I don't. I'm told by friends that will change once I have a baby.

Great list. I do like the thought of Pj's all day though:)

8:22 AM  
Blogger Hausfrau said...

Love your list. From another SAHM. Thanks.

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how true, but I'm loving every minute of it. I'll definitely keep your friend in my thoughts and prayers.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Lyn said...

Relax, you deserve it. lol Thanks for visiting my T13 - Classic Books I've Never Read Edition at Bloggin' Outloud. lgp

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm all for SAHM's though I know some can't cause of money etc. If ever I had kids I'd stay at home too.. it's just the right thing to do IMHO.

Mandy :)

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was able to take 18 months off work with our youngest was born and I completely agree - staying home is a lot harder than working, but I loved it! I do get to work from home 2 days a week, so like you, I also can sing all the songs listed in # 12!

Hope all turns out well for your second mom, she is in my thoughts and prayers.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Frances D said...

I stayed home off and on as my daughter was growing up. Golly I knew all the somngs to all the kiddy shows too. LOL.
My TT is up.
Take care,
Frances

10:41 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Hey girlie...got my T13 up! Thanks for inspiring me!

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you love being a sahm? i woudn't trade it for anything.

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the hardest and the best job out there!

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved your TT!!! (I'm a SAHM too, and could totally relate)
Mine is up and about my kids too.

Your friend will be in my prayers

1:56 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Great Thursday 13! :) I decided to do it too on my blog.

I'll be thinking good thoughts/vibes for you friend too.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Great TT! I was a SAHM, too, but, also had a job here. You manage. :)

My Thursday 13 is up.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great, great list! You go girl! I wholeheartedly agree--we need downtime. The house definitely may not be clean even though I stay home. Thank goodness I can do my job in my PJs with no shower. Especially now being pregnant I don't always have the energy to get dressed and groomed. It is the best job ever! Love it! Thanks for visiting my TT, I'll be back to your site!

9:11 PM  
Blogger LadyLaker said...

First of all your second mom is in my prayers... my grandmother has just beaten breast cancer but has lost her breasts in the proccess. I know how scary it is.
Second of all thank you for stopping by my first TT13... and since I am a stay at home mom also your post sure has hit all the buttons... it is as if you have read my life story!!!

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites