Friday, February 02, 2007

please help Shane!

A SIMPLE BIRTHDAY CARD WILL MAKE A WISH COME TRUE !!!


As a rule, I don't cry easily....(NOT), but anything to do with children and tragedy will get me going. This evening I saw a news story that did just that. It struck me again how easy it easy it is to help a stranger, if only we'd try.


Shane Bernier is a 7 year old cancer patient at Lancaster hospital and he has a wish. Although he's lost all of his hair, Shane's bright smile and cheery personality have made him a hit with the staff. In spite of all he's experienced & everything he's yet to face, his wish is the kind only a sweet innocent would think of.


For his 8th birthday, Shane would like to break a record; simply to become the person who has received the most birthday cards.That's it. And it humbles me beyond belief.


My card is on the way. If you'd like to help Shane's birthday wish come true, please send him a card at:


Shane Bernier

P.O. Box 484

Lancaster ON

CANADA

KOC 1NO




Im gonna send him 3..one from each of our children!..I challenge you to do the same!
If you're so inclined, tell everyone you know and ask them to do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites