Saturday, March 18, 2006

A few quick pics from today


Did some really good reading on ILP again last night, all about the 50 mm f 1.8 lens and DOF. If you are having grief with this..I would totally recommend checkin it out! I think that its FINALLY starting to make sense to me.. I hope.. Plus I found a super online DOF calculator that lets you enter in the focal length of your lens, plus the distance to your subject and it tells you the DOF! Just do a google search and you will find a ton!


Just a few from today while I was practicing with my new knowledge. Practice practice practice right! I'm still really stumped on my black and white conversions.. THEY SUCK. They always seem to look really flat to me, I have tried a wack of Black and white conversion actions, and so far my favorite is Jinky's by far. Good thing I really prefer eye popping color ( at least for now). I don't want the only thing that my images have on the positive side to be eye candy color.


What do you think? Like the color version or the black and white? I think that this conversion is one of the best I have done so far ....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
so much to learn! Its one thing to learn your camera, but the you need to learn lighting, and then you need to learn photoshop! Its never ending! Good thing I love to learn!

And Last but not Least Neiko... Having some fun in the snow! SO far he's been a really great dog. He has only been outside unattended for 45 minutes at a time, but its a start. And my worst fear is that he will run away. I kind of like this image, such a black dog with the snow on his jowls, and snow all over his body!..Im SO SICK OF IT SNOWING!....

3 Comments:

Blogger shizzknits said...

I like the color- it's nice and warm.
Are you using converstions straight up or are you modifying them after you convert? Bumping curves and levels will often pop a 'flat' BW conversion.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Lauren Grier said...

Adorable.. I always love your photos Deanna

10:04 PM  
Blogger Robin DePaula said...

I found your blog through shuttermom.com - love your images!!!
Robin DePaula

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites