Wednesday, June 28, 2006

took way to many photos...





Im gonna split them up over a few days...

The first few of Abraham Lake..its 32 miles long..and rises and falls dramatically depending on the time of year. Right now its really low because the glaciers have just started to melt...buy August it will be like 15 feet higher! thats alot of water! There is also a huge DAM on the east end of this Lake..called the Bighorn Dam...gates were all open when we drove by at this time. I should try to go back in the fall when its all full..you would be amazed at how much different it looks!

The weekend was great...we just packed up and headed West, not really knowing where we were going to end up. And I ended up not doing ANY cooking...well I made a few sandwiches for the trip out on Friday night..but that was it...NOTHING ELSE!.

This photo is of the David Thompson Resort. This is a campground/hotel in the middle of nowhere..they have phone, but all the power and heat is all done on site..CRAZY!... Their Logo is upsidedown trees that they have "replanted". you will find lots of this stlye of decoration all over this place.! This is where we had a wedding reception..it was really nice to head back again..but this time WAY less stress.

We got there and we were pleasantly surprised to see a bluegrass festival on for the whole weekend..Im not much of a fan of bluegrass..but it was cool to listen to the music and listen to the stories the music told! Got lots of photos of the bands...save them for another day!

We went for a little hike down from the campground a bit closer to the bottom of Abraham Lake..and it was way harder on the way up..us old geezers had to stop half way up...I faked like I was really interested in this brown eyed susan..and stopped to take some pics...There were people right behind us... and we couldnt let them think we were that out of shape! LOL!...anyays ended up with a decent photo! Got back to the motorhome and we both had a 2 hour nap! LOL!..did I mention that this was my first time away from the kids for more than 12 hours in over 16 months??? way way way too long... I forgot how fun it is to just have me and DH...not that I dont think the kids are fun...its just good to remember what life was like before them too!

okay toodles for today...stay tuned for more pics tomorrow! these ones will be Rocky Mountain pics!

7 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

Love your photos, espicially the last one with the little wild flower. Beautiful! thanks for sharing.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Beautiful photos Deanna! I hope that I can get back to Alberta someday and see all that beauty! I have relatives that live close to Edmonton. :)

9:32 AM  
Blogger Glynis said...

We spent our honeymoon in Colorado--the US Rockies and they are beautiful! I'd love to come up north some day and see them from your side!

10:23 AM  
Blogger loonyhiker said...

Beautiful photos! I hope someday to see this in person!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amazing photos...I had to call my dh in from the other room to see them...can't wait to see more. It is soooo beautiful out there.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Hey! Saw your name on the twopeas site.... I was looking up other Canadians on there. Where in AB are you? I am in Whitecourt (1.5hrs from Edmonton).... and my name on twopeas is *adrienne* Love your pictures!!! WOW, and your wedding pictures are amazing! TFS =)

Adrienne

10:50 PM  
Blogger heather said...

Fantastic photos, what a crazy place with the upside down trees!

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites