Thursday, August 31, 2006

BAD BAD but BUSY BLogger...


Thirteen Things That I need to do to get Marketing myself better


1. I just got some nice photo business cards printed off..they came from the lab yesterday, so I need to get them cut and start handing them out. I want to aim at giving out like 3 a week...but man, promoting yourself is a hard thing to do..
2. I have my brochures all ready to get to the printers...just haven't had time to stop in there without both kids going insane...Im hoping maybe tomorrow?
3. I need to grab some 'balls' (sorry) and just start telling people about my photography, and that Im good...(again self promotion is a hard thing to do) but I cant just sit on my hiney and wait...KWIM..I need to get the people in my community seeing my stuff..)
4. I have signed up with a really cool email newsletter thing...I only have 5 clients so far, so its not really worth the time I think...I maybe wrong..These 5 clients, could always spread the word....ok..I need to get working on this...newsletter once a month, with upcoming specials, maybe a few examples of latest shoots...need more ideas...
5. Make sure to keep my photo blog up to date..this one is only for my photography...new updates of ideas, sales, and teasers for my clients, before I get all their pictures proofed.
6. Keep brainstorming on the mini session idea...need to head into micheals for some prop stuff...
7. I would love to work up the nerve to ask my OB if I could leave a few business cards and a small sample collection of some of my newborn and Maternity photos...but I just cant seem to get the words out of my mouth...or how to bring it up even...( once again..that self promotion)
8. while Im at micheals...I need to check out the xyron machines...I can get them pretty cheap off of ebay...they will work awesome for logo stickers.
9. Stop in at staples and pick up some COOL folder things for my information packages and other things..
10. Contact the 3 clients and get dates set for the fall shoots...ohh I so cant wait for the leaves to change colors....YUMMY!!!!!
11. get working on my photo for my new snaptote...Cant wait to get this on order...I think its gonna be soo cool!..
12 Make storyboards for my last two shoots...I think these will be great little sellers...cuz they are fun!
13...learn how to self promote...and feel proud of it....

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





10 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

What an ambitious list!! Dont' worry.. I'll keep your nose to the grindstone. I'll be there harassing you every step of the way! :)

Muuuuuuuah!!!

11:06 AM  
Blogger The Munnsters said...

I was beginning to think we lost you there.....

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am with you on all those. I am waiting for my postcards to arrive.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'd love to be doing what you are doing (photography) it's always been a dream of mine.
Good luck in your promoting!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Measi said...

That is an ambitious list-- but I think having it is a great way to keep yourself both motivated and organied! :)

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

photography is so wonderful.
I wish you the best with your promoting!

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm learning how to promote my books (skincarestudent.com)...it's a slow process, but 23 sold! I love the process of learning though, so I'm okay with things going slowly.

11:03 AM  
Blogger The Munnsters said...

Just ask your OB if you can leave a litle album or something there....I am sure they will not mind...It's not like you are competition for their services...LOL

You know when i had Makenna here in Cold Lake there were not even photos offered at the hospital....you know like the first professional photos, that is a really big deal back east...There wasnt even a service like that offered, i was new to the area and didnt know who to go to....I edned up just getting plain ones done at Walmart....At least they preserved the moment but they never really captured it...

Thank god i met a girlfriend who is a photographer and now i am set for life but still...

I guess what i am saying is you should try to target the market of people who dont know who to go to....Yopur work is awsome and speaks for its self....

P.S. I love the wedding photos.......they are awsome....I was in AWE !!!

P.S.S If you want some better ideas, I have marketing degree.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Deanna said...

COOL shannon..thank you...I love your ideas...they offer the ones in the hospital here..but they are crappy, one shot...taken with some kinda camera machine thing...LOL!..

5:17 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Great list! I love that bag!! I have to get me one! Good luck on the promoting!

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites