Friday, June 30, 2006

OK today is chopper pic day!!!!





Ok well here they are...Woke up on the Sunday and Dh said to me...I have a surprise for you. Jumped in the motorhome and drove down the road about 5 minutes..and stopped at the heli skiing place. YIPPEE!!!!!
bit of history on this... when we got married DH chartered a helicopter and flew his groomsmen on a 1 hour trip, then got the chopper to land at the church. Let me tell you they sure made a scene! Anyways, since his groomsmen got such special treatment, and I got the bum deal...he promised to take me up another time!...well this was the time!
Well Having lived in the Rockies all my life..I know that they are simply amazing. HOWEVER seeing them from a helicopter adds a whole new realm to things. Its Sad that photos arent 3D..because they do truly not give the justice or re create the AWE that we saw! We gt up to about 10,000 feet, flew over a few glaciers, and there were a few times that all i could see for a full 360 degrees were mountains! It was insanely beautiful! This is a little glacier fed lake that they fly in heli fishers starting in Mid July.








The red in that one mountain is actually rust..for some strange reason its the only mountain around with such high iron content that it is actually rusting!












Thats the Cline River...it is one of the many glacier fed rivers that runs back into Abraham Lake. The water in that river is a whopping 2-4C and is estimated to be only 2-5 hours old. Meaning it melted off the glacier only a few hours ago! brrrrrrrrrr
well thats about it for my pics from Nordegg... I have more ( a pile) but these are the best ones! Hope you enjoyed seeing what Alberta looks like!
Have a great weekend...

5 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I am insanely jealous right now! What a fun surprise!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Breath taking photos! Thanks for sharing, I love beautiful scenery!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful photos. You lucky girl you.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Gabby Faye said...

Oh now I have a whole new adventure I want to take! This might be even better than the Alaskan cruise. Gorgeous pictures.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

WOW!!! How lucky you!!! I can't imagine getting to have that experience. It is BEAUTIFUL!!!
I would still be on cloud nine!!!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites